Inland Empire SHRM is over 600 members strong and the largest single chapter in California! As one of the 575 affiliated chapters of SHRM, membership to IE SHRM is FREE with an active SHRM membership. Complete the chapter designation form below to become an IE SHRM member. Join our award-winning chapter and begin connecting with local professionals and leveraging valuable resources today.
One transaction. One profile. Dual membership.
Joining or renewing your SHRM national membership and Inland Empire SHRM membership just got easier. Now you can do both at the same time.
Step 1. Sign-in to the SHRM Store to begin your transaction or create an account if you are new to SHRM.
Step 2: Add Inland Empire SHRM when you join or renew your SHRM national membership and select the dual membership option when prompted. It's that simple!
Inland Empire SHRM would like to inspire members to become engaged in chapter activities. No special experience is required, just a desire to become part of our HR community.
There are several ways to engage:
- attend chapter events and programs
- as a chapter volunteer
- as an IE SHRM’s EHRP group member or mentor
- as a contributor to IE SHRM’s social media, or newsletter
- by sharing your expertise by providing a training session
If you are interested in one, or more of these opportunities, please connect with a board member or send us an email.
When you join SHRM you become a part of a world-wide community of HR and business professionals dedicated to building better workplaces and practices. As a member of SHRM you will have access to tools, templates, resources, the lastest HR and business news, professional development and certification programs and so much more.
Be sure to re-designate IE SHRM as your primary chapter when you renew your SHRM membership each year.
SHRM Membership and Inland Empire SHRM Membership are the perfect combination.
Q: Can membership in a local chapter like Inland Empire SHRM help me?
A: Absolutely! By joining a local SHRM-affiliated chapter, you will gain access to:
- Create a network with the HR professionals and companies in the Inland Empire region.
- Tap into the knowledge of your peers to gain insight on how other local organizations handle various human resource situations, procedures, policies, etc.
- Learn about career advancement opportunities you may not otherwise know about.
- Take advantage of local professional development learning opportunities that support SHRM’s competency model, throughout every step of your career.
- Discover up-to-date information on pending federal and state legislation that may impact your company’s operations.
Professional Development Opportunities
- Leadership skills development opportunities include taking on a volunteer leadership role in your local chapter.
- You will have the opportunity to earn professional development credits (PDCs) for attending chapter programming approved for recertification credit.
Q: As a SHRM member, am I automatically a member of a local chapter?
A: No. SHRM membership is separate from membership in your local chapter. Each chapter has its own membership application process. To become a member of your local chapter, you will need to apply for membership directly with that particular chapter.
Q: How do I join Inland Empire SHRM?
A: Just complete the IE SHRM Membership Form below, designating IE SHRM as your primary chapter.
Q: Do I have to pay dues to be a member of Inland Empire SHRM?
A: No, IE SHRM members pay no dues with current SHRM membership. You only pay the member rate for events you attend.
Q: Does my IE SHRM membership automatically renew each year?
A: No, you will need to renew your primary designation with IE SHRM whenever you renew your SHRM membership.
Q: Can I belong to more than one SHRM chapter?
A: Yes. You can belong to as many chapters as you desire, but one will be considered your “primary chapter” and will receive financial support from SHRM.
Bottom line, becoming a member of SHRM and Inland Empire SHRM is a winning combination.
IE SHRM Membership Benefits:
- Discounted member pricing for meetings and events
- Invaluable networking access with HR professionals and companies in your local community
- Professional development and continuing education at monthly meetings, earning PDC/HRCI credits
- Up-to-date information on pending federal and state legislation and current HR topics
- Annual HR conference
- Networking events
- Monthly newsletter and chapter updates
- Mentoring and practical, professional resources
- Emerging HR Professionals Group, for those new to the HR profession
- Certification classes
- Opportunities for committee, volunteer and leadership positions within the chapter; earn recertification credit for volunteering
- Opportunities for involvement in legislative “grassroots” efforts and access to up-to-date legislative information through the chapter’s CALSHRM State Council. Have a voice in decisions impacting HR.
- Free job postings
SHRM Member Benefits
IE SHRM has been recognized by SHRM for achievements in professional development programs, advancing the HR profession, certification classes and membership growth. Over the years our chapter has been awarded the SHRM Excel Platinum, Gold and Silver Awards for our Professional Development programs and for Advancement of the HR Profession.
Our chapter certification classes were recognized by SHRM in 2018 and 2017 with the SHRM Learning System Champion Award.