SHRM Membership and Inland Empire SHRM Membership are the perfect combination.
Q: Can membership in a local chapter like Inland Empire SHRM help me?
A: Absolutely! By joining a local SHRM-affiliated chapter, you will gain access to:
- Create a network with the HR professionals and companies in the Inland Empire region.
- Tap into the knowledge of your peers to gain insight on how other local organizations handle various human resource situations, procedures, policies, etc.
- Learn about career advancement opportunities you may not otherwise know about.
- Take advantage of local professional development learning opportunities that support SHRM’s competency model, throughout every step of your career.
- Discover up-to-date information on pending federal and state legislation that may impact your company’s operations.
Professional Development Opportunities
- Leadership skills development opportunities include taking on a volunteer leadership role in your local chapter.
- You will have the opportunity to earn professional development credits (PDCs) for attending chapter programming approved for recertification credit.
Q: As a SHRM member, am I automatically a member of a local chapter?
A: No. SHRM membership is separate from membership in your local chapter. Each chapter has its own membership application process. To become a member of your local chapter, you will need to apply for membership directly with that particular chapter.
Q: How do I join Inland Empire SHRM?
A: Just complete the IE SHRM Membership Form below, designating IE SHRM as your primary chapter.
Q: Do I have to pay dues to be a member of Inland Empire SHRM?
A: No, IE SHRM members pay no dues with current SHRM membership. You only pay the member rate for events you attend.
Q: Does my IE SHRM membership automatically renew each year?
A: No, you will need to renew your primary designation with IE SHRM whenever you renew your SHRM membership.
Q: Can I belong to more than one SHRM chapter?
A: Yes. You can belong to as many chapters as you desire, but one will be considered your “primary chapter” and will receive financial support from SHRM.
Bottom line, becoming a member of SHRM and Inland Empire SHRM is a winning combination.
The Excel Awards
Through the SHRM Affiliate Program for Excellence (SHAPE), the Excel Awards recognize local chapters who enhance the SHRM community through initiatives that provide programs and services that meet members’ needs by fostering engagement, retention and acquisition, and volunteer development and recognition.
IE SHRM is proud to be the recipient of the 2015 Excel Gold Award and 2012 Excel Silver Award.
SHRM Pinnacle Awards
The SHRM Pinnacle Award is the highest honor given to SHRM chapters for highly notable contributions to the HR profession that enhance the development of effective human resource management. As a large chapter, IE SHRM is committed to meeting our members’ needs by serving our HR professionals, advancing the HR profession and enhancing the SHRM community.
- Discounted member pricing for meetings and events
- Invaluable networking access with HR professionals and companies in your local community
- Professional development and continuing education at monthly meetings, earning PDC/HRCI credits
- Up-to-date information on pending federal and state legislation and current HR topics
- Annual HR conference
- Networking events
- Monthly newsletter and chapter updates
- Mentoring and practical, professional resources
- Emerging HR Professionals Group, for those new to the HR profession
- Certification classes
- Opportunities for committee, volunteer and leadership positions within the chapter; earn recertification credit for volunteering
- Opportunities for involvement in legislative “grassroots” efforts and access to up-to-date legislative information through the chapter’s CALSHRM State Council. Have a voice in decisions impacting HR.
- Free job postings
IESHRM Membership Form