2018 Inland Empire SHRM Legal Update
IE SHRM Legal Update
Thursday, January 4, 2018
7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Doubletree Hotel, Ontario
Earn 4 Recertification Credits
Member $75/Non-Member $100
Presented by: Bill Betley, Esq. and Brent Garrett, Esq. expert attorneys from AALRR, and Rea Bisa, Management and Program Analyst from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Outreach Branch, Verification Division in Los Angeles.
Join us for our Legal Update and breakfast on January 4, 2018 at 7:30 a.m. at the DoubleTree Hotel in Ontario. Hear the latest on recent and pending legislation and what it means to HR professionals and employers.
Our four (4) hour program will include:
*End of the year review and lessons learned from 2017 and employment trends for 2018.
*Hiring, Pay and Tech Issues along with significant new legislation for 2018.
*I-9 process including step by step instructions on completing each section and storage and retention requirements.
Who should attend:
This event is geared for HR professionals seeking practicable, actionable guidance on workplace management, HR managers seeking to build compliant organizations and manage risk, and HR practitioners who want to hear how workplace law affects them.
Legal Update Agenda:
Will be updated shortly
Monthly Meeting Information:
Monthly Meetings Topics:
(Click topic hyperlink for additional meeting information)
Thursday, November 16, 2017 - DoubleTree, San Bernardino - 11:30 am to 1:00 pm
Improve Mental Health in the Workplace
Salad: Wine Country Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Entrée: Slow Roasted Black Salt Sirloin With Au Jus
Vegan/Gluten Free: Mushroom, Artichoke and Asparagus Risotto
January 4, 2018 -DoubleTree, Ontario - 7:30 am - 11:30 am
Thursday, February 15, 2018 - Mission Inn, Riverside 11:30 am to 1:00 pm
Thursday, March 15, 2018 - DoubleTree, Ontario - 730 am - 9 am
Thursday, April 19, 2018 - Doubletree, San Bernardino - 11:30 am - 1 pm
"Do I Really Have to Start Hiring Criminals"
Disclaimer: Inland Empire SHRM continuously strives to bring you timely, up-to-the-minute topics, programs, and speakers. Occasionally circumstances may necessitate changes, alterations or updates to our published program schedules, events, venues, information or speakers. Inland Empire SHRM Chapter apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause.
By Friday Before Event:
IE SHRM Members $40
After Friday Before Event:
IE SHRM Members $65
*Special rates for specific events will be posted with event information.
If you are unable to attend an event, please let us know 24 hours in advance of the event. Cancellations requests must be emailed to email@example.com. Cancellations received less than 24 hours before an event will not be eligible for refund or forward credit to another event. Registered attendees who do not show will be billed for the event.
Monthly Chapter Meeting Sponsorship - $250
- Three minute presentation during one luncheon meeting
- One complimentary luncheon
- Table to display vendor materials and speak with HR members
- Exposure to IE SHRM members through distribution of meeting announcement
- Opportunity to distribute promotional items to members (optional)
- Opportunity to collect HR business cards for door prize give-away (optional)
For more information and availability contact Sponsorship Chair, Stacey Barnier at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Speaking for Inland Empire SHRM
The Inland Empire Society for Human Resource Management provides resources and opportunities for Human Resources professionals in the Inland Empire region of Southern California for professional development, education, networking and the sharing of best practices. Inland Empire SHRM is dedicated to advancing the HR profession.
We serve the greater Inland Empire area of Riverside and San Bernardino Counties, with a membership of over 450 HR professionals from various industries. We advocate for the HR profession, engaging in activities that enhance the credibility and value of Human Resources.
IE SHRM offers monthly meetings and an annual conference to provide a local resource to members for recertification, ongoing professional development and awareness of HR best practices.
IE SHRM speakers:
- Experienced and comfortable speaking in front of large groups of people.
- Interested in promoting professional growth, sharing expertise, real-world strategies and knowledge with human resources professionals.
- Willing to partner with IE SHRM to deliver the best possible experience for the audience.
- Available before and after the event to engage with attendees and respond to questions.
- Open to helping spread the word about the event.
- Work closely with event organizers before the event and meet all deadlines.
- Design and provide high-quality presentations, in electronic format, by the deadline given.
- Understand that presenting is an opportunity to share information and is not a showcase for promotion of business, practice, service or product.
- Respect IE SHRM as the sponsoring organization with either positive or neutral comments from the platform.
In return, IE SHRM will:
- Provide you with evaluation scores after the conference.
- Reimburse limited expenses (e.g., coach-fare air transportation, meals and approved lodging on presentation days). Please note that SHRM does not reimburse expenses for a co-presenter.
- Provide a complimentary registration for the event and associated social events.
- Grant you valuable professional exposure.
We seek speakers for these events:
- Monthly Member Meetings - 40+ attendees, held each month
- Annual HR Conference - 200+ attendees, held annually, in fall
ATTENDEES: Human Resources professionals of all career levels working in private industry, academic environments, and public employers.
TOPICS: Human Resource Development/HR Expertise (HR Knowledge), Business Acumen/Business Management and Strategy, Leadership & Navigation, Relationship Management, Communication, Consultation, Critical Evaluation, Ethical Practice, Global & Cultural Effectiveness, Workforce Planning and Employment, Compensation and Benefits, Employee and Labor Relations, Risk Management
How to apply: